Can basal cell carcinoma be cured?

Dr. Cheryl Levin
Dermatology

In brief: Vast Majority

Basal cell carcinoma is the most common skin cancer, but it accounts for less than 0.
1% of patient deaths due to cancer. However, you want to treat it early to prevent significant cosmetic deformities.

In brief: Vast Majority

Dr. Cheryl Levin
Dr. Cheryl Levin

In brief: Basal Cell Carcinoma

As close to 100% yes as one can be.
Of all the skin cancers bcc's are the most common and the one to have if you really had to pick a skin cancer to have. While there are very rare instances of metastatic bcc they are just that, by far the exception. However, if left untreated bccs can be very distractive locally. That's about as good an answer i can provide in the space given.

In brief: Basal Cell Carcinoma

As close to 100% yes as one can be.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
2 comments
Dr. Joseph Eastern
He meant "destructive", but I agree completely; BCC is probably the most curable form of cancer.
Dr. Donald Shenenberger
Thank you, I blame autocorrect. I did mean "destructive".
Dr. John Hoffmann
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Absolutely

The vast majority of basal cell cancers can be cured with surgical removal.
Of course, the earlier it is treated then better. Isome times a special technique called mohs surgery will be advised. N some cases other treatments such as radiation may be advised as well. See a dermatologist for treatment advice.

In brief: Absolutely

Dr. John Hoffmann
Dr. John Hoffmann