At my last check up, I forgot to tell the doctor about smoking. Is that ok?

Dr. Natalie Hodge

In brief: No!

Smoking is a very difficult habit to quit! Start with weaning your cigarettes down, when you have a craving substitute a 10 minute walk for the smoke.
Set a quit date in the future, and try using social media to announce to your friends your quit date. If you have a significant component of anxiety ( many smokers do) then an antidepressant like wellbutrin (bupropion) may help. Good luck!

In brief: No!

Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No

In order to manage your health appropriately your doctor should have all of your history available to them. This includes smoking, drug use, sexual and travel history, and many other features.
Your doctor has been trained to recognize risk factors of which you may not be aware. Keep your doctor informed and you will get better care.

In brief: No

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff