What should and shouldn't I do while bottle-feeding?

Dr. Cornelia Franz
In brief: What do you mean?
Obvious things are : do not drive, bath, operate heavy machinery.
Bond with your baby. Take the time to sit and enjoy the time together and the cute things your child does when interacting. I would in the first 6 months not try to multitask. Do not bottle prop (bottle propping is easy to fall into and is not a good habit)). Do not leave your baby alone to finish a bottle.

In brief: What do you mean?
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Cornelia Franz
Dr. Michael Coogan
In brief: Act naturally
Use breast milk that you have frozen, if you can.
Give the baby room temperature milk or formula. Don't use a microwave oven to heat the bottle (may cause "hot spots"). Don't spend money on special bottles and nipples. Hold baby's head near your breast and maintain eye contact and connect emotionally during the feeding. Don't put the bottle in the baby's bed.

In brief: Act naturally
Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Michael Coogan
Dr. Jonathan Jassey