Why does wellbutrin (bupropion) cause seizures and other antidepressant don't? Will I get a seizure on this med if I have never had a seizure in my life?

Meds & seizures. Wellbutrin (bupropion) can cause dose-related seizures in underweight people (as with eating disorders) and those with seizure-prone conditions (brain tumors, avm, etc). Otherwise, you're unlikely to have seizures from wellbutrin (bupropion). Some tricyclics may also lower the seizure threshold -- nortriptylene may be less likely so. Very rarely, ssri's like Prozac may cause seizures -- not likely except in overdose.
Wellbutrin (bupropion) Wellbutrin (bupropion) lowers the seizure threshold at high doses, hence not recommended in ones with epilepsy or eating disorders or alcohol/benzodiazepine withdrawal or brain tumors. Seizures can occur in 0.1% if daily dose is below 300mg. & 0.4% if dose is 300-400mg. For many other antidepressants the incidence is 0-0.6%. Hence, antidepressants at low-moderate dose do not actually increase seizures.
Seizure threshold. Wellbutrin (bupropion) is an excellent medication. It can lower seizure threshold. It is contraindicated with eating disorders & seizure disorders. Taking wellbutrin (bupropion) doesn't mean that you will have a seizure.