Is there anything I can get from the grocery store or drug store for my blood shot eyes until I can see a doctor?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Depends
If the eyes are red (looking in the mirror) and have no other symptoms you need do nothing.
If it is hemorrhage under the conjunctiva, nothing will work - it will absorb by itself. If infectious or allergic redness, then an anti-allergic drop like zaditor (ketotifen) might help. An ophthalmologist can determine if it is infectious and whether you need an anti-biotic.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Daniel Wee
I agree with Dr. Bensinger in that you should seek an ophthalmologist. There are many causes of a red eye with various different treatments. One piece of advice is to avoid using any over the counter drops that say, "Gets the red out." These drops have a chemical that constricts your conjunctival blood vessels (making your eye whiter), but they can also cause significant ocular irritation.
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology
In brief: Artifical tears
The best thing to use is artificial tears as they contain no drugs and therefore cannot cause any harm. Other medications can make the diagnosis of the problem more difficult for the eye doctor as they will change the things they see when they examine your eye.

In brief: Artifical tears
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology
In brief: Anti Allergy drops
Eye allergies are a very common cause of blood shot eyes, especially in late winter early spring.
I would avoid ocular decongestants such with naphthazoline but ketotiphen containing drops like alaway, zaditor (ketotifen) can help.

In brief: Anti Allergy drops
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Arnon Rubin