Do symptoms like blood shot eyes go away quickly?

It depends. Bloodshot eyes caused by a subconjunctival hemorrhage can take up to 2 weeks or longer to go away. If the eye is pink (inflammation, allergy, infection), it may improve quickly with the appropriate treatment. A trip to the eye doctor can help sort out what is going on and how best to treat it.
Depends upon cause. It, of course, depends upon the cause of the hyperemia (blood shot eyes). If from lack of sleep or allergies, simple treatments like visine or murine allergy can do the trick very quickly. You may need stronger or prescription meds, so see an eye care specialist for continuing problems.