What is the stage 4 lung cancer average survival rate?

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Survival

Only god knows how long we are going to live and when we are going to die.
Having said that, at least based on studies we have on average - 15 months would be the average survival rate. It could be shorter or longer than that. With better understanding about the biology of the cancer and the use of newer biological agents in the appropriate case- survival would be longer hopefully.

In brief: Survival

Dr. Liawaty Ho
Dr. Liawaty Ho

In brief: Varies

Type of cancer? Differentiation metastatic staging response to surgery or treatments.
Gross numbers 40 % at five years but I have some cures and very long term folks. Stage four survival less than two years commonly.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology