Is vaginal pain a sign of some disease?

Dr. Raj Syal

In brief: Multiple causese

Vaginal pain is a symptom that can be caused by multiple conditions.
Causes could be due to infection, pelvic prolapse, nerve injury, pelvic muscle spasms etc. Careful history and examination should isolate the cause.

In brief: Multiple causese

Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Raj Syal
Dr. Frank Yelian

In brief: Yes, it is possible.

Yes, it is possible.
It depends on your age and the severity of your pain. If you are young and pain is after sexual intercourse, it may be fine. There is a condition called endometriosis may also cause vaginal pain during intercourse. For post menopause women, vaginal pain could due to atrophic vaginitis, which means her estrogen level is too low. I would suggest you to see a gynecologist.

In brief: Yes, it is possible.

Yes, it is possible.
Dr. Frank Yelian
Dr. Frank Yelian