What can I use for dehydration if I don't have a doctor?

ORS. Most children with dehydration can be treated with the so called oral rehydration solutions (ORS), which is basically water with the correct balance of sugar and salt. In the US, Pedialyte is the most common brand used, but there are other brands. Make sure your child drinks enough of the ORS to keep herself/himself hydrated (at least half the number of wet diapers that you are accustomed to).