What can I do for my skin tags without going to a doctor?

Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dermatology

In brief: Snip

Going to a doctor is always recommended to prevent potential side effects that could occur at home.
If the skin tag is small enough you could just snip it off with a sterile nail clipper. Another remedy it to tie them off with thin fishing line or dental floss.

In brief: Snip

Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dr. Thomas Balshi
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Very little

Self-treatment of skin tags is not a particularly good idea.
Cutting them off with a non-sterile scissors hurts, and risks infection. An old folk remedy is to tie thread or dental floss around each one, to cut off the blood supply; it seldom works. In fact, patients sometimes come in with threads still attached to their tags! there are easier and safer ways to save money.

In brief: Very little

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern