I got my period today, if I start taking my pill at anytime during it, will it stop my period? Going on a trip and really don't want it!

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Gynecology

In brief: Will not stop it

You can start on the first day but unfortunately it will not stop the bleeding.
It may slow it down or shorten the duration.

In brief: Will not stop it

Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Alfredo Nieves
Dr. Ahmed Yousry

In brief: Not sure.

First you have counseled your doctor about continuing taking your birth control pills continuously, back to back without taking the placebo.
I am not sure if it can stop your period because you started.

In brief: Not sure.

Dr. Ahmed Yousry
Dr. Ahmed Yousry
Dr. Leo Eschbach jr

In brief: Birth control

Yes you can restart taking your birth control and not take the hormone free interval .
Sometimes the longer you do that however can cause some irregular bleeding if that happens stop the pill for a week then restart.

In brief: Birth control

Dr. Leo Eschbach jr
Dr. Leo Eschbach jr
Dr. Stephen Richards
It will not stop this current period right away, but taking continuously will stop the next one.
Dr. Dale Kristle
Gynecology

In brief: Might slow, not stop

Starting your birth control pill may slow or shorten your period but probably will not stop it.

In brief: Might slow, not stop

Dr. Dale Kristle
Dr. Dale Kristle
Dr. Corey Bosin

In brief: OCP AND PERIODS

Although starting an oral contraceptive may decrease the flow and duration of your current period, it is difficult to predict any future scheduled or un scheduled bleeding.
One of the most common side effects of ocps is irregular unscheduled bleeding. Therefore, you may or may not go et unwanted irregular bleeding.

In brief: OCP AND PERIODS

Dr. Corey Bosin
Dr. Corey Bosin
Dr. Mary David
By the time your period has started,it's really too late to stop it and you can do some irregular bleeding if you take the pills off schedule.
Dr. Mary David

In brief: No

Once your period has started, it is too late to stop it.
You can use your pills to schedule periods but you must plan further ahead.

In brief: No

Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Adam Levy