Every since being diagnosed & treated for thyroid cancer in 2010 I am paranoid & scared of every pain I have in my body. Normal or no?

Normal. Even though it's thyroid cancer, it still cancer and affected you psychologically the same. It's good to be "in tune" with your body as long as you don't obssess about it. I recommend close medical follow up with your physicians, maintain good hydration and activity level. Try yoga. It's cleansing both mentally and physically.
Yes. You had a traumatic experience and a scary diagnosis. Many people become very afraid of any little pain thereafter. But pain is just pain and a note to self that something is off. I suggest seeing a chinese medicine /acupuncture physician.They help balance your body and when balanced you feel better and a lot of your anxiety diminishes!