Is it serious if the condom broke and a piece of it got stuck in her? Should she go to the hospital?

She should see OBGYN. It is a "foreign body" and retention of a foreign body anywhere in anyone's body can be a problem. It is not, however, an emergency, so she does not need to go to a hospital to obtain treatment, just a reputable physician who does pelvic exams.