Do I have to try a vaginal birth if I am expecting twins? Can i choose a c-section even if first one is head down?

In brief: Great question

Most ob's i work with consider vaginal birth for twins only with women who are delivering early and with all favorable indicators.
They rather deliver them c-section than worry about the second twin hanging up in delivery. Discuss this with your OB and have a game plan ahead of time.Coming in during early labor may give you the most options.

In brief: Great question

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Questions to Doctor

Regardless of what we feel or advise here this is really a conversation to have with your ob.
It appears this will be your first delivery and all of your worries, I am sure, will be addressed appropriately with your ob. Your prenatal book may also have some chapters on these very questions to help you formulate how to discuss your worries.

In brief: Questions to Doctor

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Shontae Buffington