My daughter has a lump of the size of a cherry in the front part of the ear almost in the cheek the doctor said something about the salivar glands..?

Dr. Kevin Considine
In brief: Yes possibly
The lump in front of the ear could be a salivary gland but could also be a lymph node as well! this should at least be rechecked in the next 2-3weeks if it does not resolve or improve.

In brief: Yes possibly
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
Dr. Kevin Considine
U R welcome
Dr. Dale Tylor
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric
In brief: Lots of things
It could be something in the parotid gland or it could be a lymph node or it could be any number of masses (more likely benign than malignant).
There are cysts called type 1 branchial cleft cysts that present there. Lymphatic malformations, venous malformations, and hemangiomas are other possibilities. I would see a doctor if it isn't better in the next week or so.

In brief: Lots of things
Dr. Dale Tylor
Dr. Dale Tylor