How can I keep my toes from going numb when im doing the eliptical?

In brief: Shoes too tight

Maybe the shoes are too tight, and they constrict the circulation.
Maybe you are wearing socks that cut off circulation too, causing you to go numb; or you may have something that is pushing against or compressing the nerves, that results in you going numb. If you are pushing on the balls of your feet, you may be compressing the nerves.

In brief: Shoes too tight

Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Robert Wallach
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine

In brief: New shoes?

This happened to me too, was annoying, and i quit using the elliptical.
You can try different shoes or shoe inserts with better arch support. No good way to know if this will help unless you give it a try. Try cross training - do elliptical but stop before the numbness starts, then move on to another machine, or go back and forth.

In brief: New shoes?

Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Robert Wallach
Dr. Eric Weisman