5 doctors weighed in:
Is a blood level of 80 ng/ml of vitamin d too high?
5 doctors weighed in

Dr. Colin Kerr
Family Medicine
4 doctors agree
In brief: Vitamin D toxicity
No. Vitamin d has no known adverse effects up to levels of 100 ng/ml.
Obvious signs of toxicity emerge at levels above 150 ng/ml. Signs of toxicity include: constipation; decreased appetite (anorexia); dehydration; fatigue; irritability; muscle weakness; vomiting; heart rhythm abnormalities; kidney stones; and polyuria (frequent urination).

In brief: Vitamin D toxicity
No. Vitamin d has no known adverse effects up to levels of 100 ng/ml.
Obvious signs of toxicity emerge at levels above 150 ng/ml. Signs of toxicity include: constipation; decreased appetite (anorexia); dehydration; fatigue; irritability; muscle weakness; vomiting; heart rhythm abnormalities; kidney stones; and polyuria (frequent urination).
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Thank
Get help from a real doctor now
Dr. Marsha Davis
Board Certified,
24 years in practice
67M people helped
Continue
108,000 doctors available
Read more answers from doctors