My pcp prescribed yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) for my pcos. Is it safe to take yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol)? I've heard so many horror stories surrounding this ocp. Should I take any precautions

In my opinion if. U have pcos that should be managed by an obgyn , not a pcp, I am sure your pcp is very good , but an obgyn knows more about that, i personally never prescribe that pill anymore , #1 it has 30 mcg estrogen, # 2 it is a 21/7 pill and for my pts who have pcos they should be on a 24/4 or a 24/2/2 or take the pill continuously and yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) has drospirinone u have to watch your k+ and no anti-inflammatories.