I have been having pain in my lower stomach... And every time I have sex I bleed afterward.. Is it the sex? Or is there something wrong with me?

David Miller

In brief: STD?

One of the more common causes of point-coital bleeding is an inflamed cervix from an std such as chlamydia.
If you are also having pelvic pain, this suggests that you might have pid, which is a potentially serious infection of your uterus and/or tubes. You should see a doc right away!

In brief: STD?

David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student

In brief: Possibly

Post-coital bleeding can be caused by a variety of things, including cervical inflammation, a cervical polyp, dysplasia, or other causes.
If there is also pain low in the abdomen, this may be part of pelvic inflammatory disease, or something of this nature. This is something that needs physical examination by an ob/gyn.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
David Miller
It's really beginning to sound like Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. You should see a doc right away!
Dr. Peter Kurzweil