Would eating before a blood test cause a slightly higher potassium level?

Meals and potassium. Your potassium (k) level is dependent on various factors. Some are, any presence of chronic kidney disease (ckd), if the rbc's in the blood were broken going into the test tube, how long the blood was in the tube before the k level was done and how long before the test you ingested and the and the amount of k you ate. Speak to the doctor (d) who ordered the test and ask the d if you have any ckd.
How much higher? Depending on the foods you ate there may be a minor difference. What was the actual potassium level? Please note that all lab results need to be interpreted in the clinical context and the doctor who ordered the tests is usually in the best position to do that.