Differences in ativan 5mg and Xanax (alprazolam) 1 mg and diazepam 10 mg?

Depends. These antianxiety meds can cause dose related levels of drowsiness or even coma. How someone reacts will depend of his/her metabolic enzyme system. The Ativan (lorazepam) dose should be closer to 1mg for it to be equivalent to the other two meds.
Benzodiazepines. All 3 Medications are for Treatment of Anxiety. The dose of any one of these depends upon Severity of Anxiety. Ativan does not come in 5mg size. It will be harmful to add smaller dose of Ativan to 5mg. Valium 10 mg is a very high dose and can have side effects. Xanax 1mg ids for severe Anxiety They all are habit forming. Discuss with a Psychiatrist to need for medication, side effects; and Therapy.