I got stuck by a needle @ work from a pt with hep c.... Why does one dr say my levels are undetactable and the other says they are?

Dr. Christopher Coller

In brief: Not sure

I imagine this dilemma has to do with what labs were drawn, when they were drawn and which lab(s) ran the test.
There is always a possibility of lab error as well. I would get it clarified by discussing it with your primary. Perhaps he/she can contact the labs for further clarification or order additional tests for confirmation.

In brief: Not sure

Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: See a specialist

If you feel that you are not getting good care, then you should ask for a referral to an infectious disease specialist.

In brief: See a specialist

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine