My sister was diagnosed with stage one breast cancer at 42. No family history and she isbrca negative. Should I be on hormone free birth control?

It is the safest. There is no present scientific information to make a definitive conclusion. Sometimes it's difficult for us to agile a simple yes or no answer. However, I think that it would be the safest for you to avoid excessive estrogen in any medication you might take.
If possible. I'm sorry to hear about your sister. Unfortunately, there is conflicting data regarding long-term risk of breast cancer associated with bcp use; however, one study in particular found the risk higher in women with strong family histories and bcp use. Therefore, if at all possible, I would suggest an alternative.
Discuss with Gyn. Taking unopposed estrogen does increase your risk of developing breast cancer.