Left knee MRI shows I have trochlear groove arthritis. What aerobic exercises can I do? Cycling? Running? Stair climber?

Dr. Mena Mesiha
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Non impact ideally

Your patellofemoral joint (where the knee cap meets the trochlear groove on the femur) sees 3-6 times your body weight and this is even more with running and other high impact exercises.
Ideally you should stick with non impact activities like cycling, swimming and using the elliptical. The stair climber will likely be very tough because the amount of stress it puts on the pf joint is very high.

In brief: Non impact ideally

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine