The center part of my lower lip split and is bleeding nonstop for 20 minutes with pressure applied. Whatshould I do?

In brief: Go to ER/see Dr now

You're going to need stitches in that lip.

In brief: Go to ER/see Dr now

Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Kitturah Schomberg-Klaiss
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See a doctor

I would see someone about this.
You need to get the bleeding to stop and find out why it has continued to bleed despite pressure.

In brief: See a doctor

I would see someone about this.
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Annette Occhialini
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Bleeding lip

When bleeding does not stop after 10 - 12 minutes of sustained pressure, then other possible explanations such as a severed vessel or poss ile bleeding disorder may be the reason.
In the former, a minor surgical procedure is required to control the bleeding. In the latter surgery as well as blood products may be necessary

In brief: Bleeding lip

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Steven Harris
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Need more info

I will assume this is an injury to a child.
It would be unusual for it to bleed after 20 minutes of steady pressure. Most people hold pressure for a moment and then peek, hold pressure again for a minute and peek, etc. This is not 20 minutes of pressure! hold steady pressure for 10 minutes without peeking! if fat is showing or the bleeding does not stop, a stitch or two or glue may be needed.

In brief: Need more info

Dr. Steven Harris
Dr. Steven Harris