Is it ok for a 17 yr old to have back pain. Or would it be kidney pain? He drinks a gallon of soda a day. His urine switches from dark yellow 2 white

Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
In brief: Kidney/back pain
Back pain could be due to problems related to kidneys or muskuloskeletal pain from spine or sorrounding muscles.
A gallon of soda is excessive.Dark urine is concentrated urine and clear urine when it is diluted.Get evaluated by simple urine test.

In brief: Kidney/back pain
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
Dr. Satinder Aggarwal
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me try to help
This question is complicated i will try to make easy.
Back pain in young people should be look it carefully.1-could be from urinary tract problems. 2- could be from the bone and the disc in the back.3-could be from abdominal problems, and other reasons. Have you young man checked out to see what is the source of the pain. As far as colors of the urine checked out . Good luck thank you.

In brief: Let me try to help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Jonathan Jassey