Should parents stay together "for the sake of the children" when they cannot get along? @drpam

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Hard Question

I do not think that there is a scientifically researched answer. But my belief is that the stress of a strained relationship may outweigh the benefits of staying together. However, i would exhaust all therapeutic and counseling modalities before the final split.

In brief: Hard Question

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Not necessary

Children need the love and support of two loving parents.
They do not need to be put in the middle. Parents can provide that even if they are not together. Seeking the help of a marriage and family therapist may help.

In brief: Not necessary

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Jean Stewart

In brief: Yes, with counsellin

Yes: but work things out with a counsellor. The value is priceless, if the kids see you work out difficulties.

In brief: Yes, with counsellin

Dr. Jean Stewart
Dr. Jean Stewart
Dr. Shontae Buffington