I have been on cymbalta (duloxetine) for a bit over a month for anxiety attacks andim starting to have the attacks again, should I ask my doctor for a bigger dose?

Dr. Myron Lezak
Palliative Care
In brief: More information
I think you need to ask your doctor more than just a question about a bigger dose of medication.
Anxiety attacks may certainly be controlled with medications but the larger question is to discuss some of your additional concerns that trigger your anxiety attacks. This may be a lot more difficult than just changing medicine or changing the dose of Cymbalta (duloxetine) but may lead to a better outcome.

In brief: More information
Dr. Myron Lezak
Dr. Myron Lezak
Dr. Harris Cohen
In brief: Maybe
What dose of the drug are you currently taking?

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
20mg is a very low dose -- you may feel a benefit with titrating the dose up to 30mg or 60mg.
Dr. Max Haque
In brief: Depends on the dose
Cymbalta (duloxetine) comes in doses of 30mg and 60mg.
It is not the best medicine for anxiety attacks. These can happen from social anxiety or panic disorders, even bipolar disorders. If it has been helpful for you as you describe, you should be at least on 60mg. For it to control them.

In brief: Depends on the dose
Dr. Max Haque
Dr. Max Haque