Since my miscarriage 5 cycles ago, I have been having very long cycles. They have lasted between 40-45 days, and some anovulatory. What can be done?

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: It depends

It usually takes time for your cycle to return to normal after a miscarriage .
To regulate the cycle, you can try a short cycle of an oral contraceptive if there is no contraindication.

In brief: It depends

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu

In brief: Long cycles

What you describe it is unusuall.
Such a long cycle is not something normal. It can actually signal some complications from your misscariage. Seeing a doctor will help diagnose the problem really quick and help you further in your quest to get pregnant again.

In brief: Long cycles

What you describe it is unusuall.
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Valentin Drezaliu
Dr. Adam Levy