We are trying for a baby, and we are taking "pregnacare his & her conception". Does it help once that I got polycistyc ovaries?

Theresa Yang
General Practice
In brief: Maybe
Pregnacare is a prenatal vitamin that helps supplement your nutritional health.
A good lifestyle and diet may help you become pregnant and make sure the baby is healthy. That said, women with polycystic ovarian syndrome are less likely to release eggs from their ovaries. Your doctor may suggest fertility testing or medications that would help you release your eggs to get pregnant.

In brief: Maybe
Theresa Yang
Theresa Yang
Answer assisted by Theresa Yang, Medical Student
2 comments
Theresa Yang
Ovulation medications are available only with a prescription. Please do not start any medication without consulting your GP first. Since these medications have numerous side effects, your GP may feel like they are not appropriate for you at this point. Trying to get pregnant can be stressful: it's natural for couples to take up to a year. Remember to relax, take care of yourself, and keep trying.
Dr. Sahba Ferdowsi
Great collaboration. Wishing you'll the very best.
In brief: No
Polycystic ovarian disease is not something you "get once.
" it is usually a lifetime problem. People who have polycystic ovaries usually have a much more difficult time getting pregnant, because the hormones and egg production are not as well synchronized, and ovulation is irregular. I am not familiar with pregnacare.

In brief: No
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Lester Thompson
Dr. Cindy Juster