Although i hope I am not bipolar, I am sleeping very little hours w/lots of energy and have a lifetime of far above normal productivity. Thoughts?

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Bipolar?

Wondering if your high energy started after u began zoloft (sertraline)?.
Also, wonder if there is family history of bipolar?.

In brief: Bipolar?

Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Alan Ali
Dr. Wei-shin Lai

In brief: Normal for you.

Some people are simply wired that way.
You may not have a disorder at all. There are rare cases of chronic hypomania in which someone is always in the super productive, creative phase without ever going into a destructive irrational manic state. If you are on sertraline, it's a med that can send bipolars into mania, so because you haven't gone over the deep end, you're probably just born this way.

In brief: Normal for you.

Some people are simply wired that way.
Dr. Wei-shin Lai
Dr. Wei-shin Lai
Dr. Alan Ali
It is important to ask about Family History of BPD!
Dr. Eric Weisman