I have headaches (above my eyes) which appear when I lie in bed for a long time at night, or in the morning...What could be the causes?

Dr. Gary Birnbaum
In brief: Many possible causes
See your doctor for this.
Although this may be nothing serious, your doctor needs to get a more thorough history and perform a physical and neurological exam. If warranted, your doctor may advise a cat scan or MRI of the brain/head. If your doctor can not determine the cause he/she may refer you to a neurologist and an ophthalmologist. See your doctor for this.

In brief: Many possible causes
See your doctor for this.
Dr. Gary Birnbaum
Dr. Gary Birnbaum
Dr. James Marx
Pain Management
In brief: ?Occipital Neuralgia
Could be occipial neuralgia from neck strain or how you sleep.
A headache or pain specialist can do a simple injection (greater and lessor occipital nerves) to see if that takes care of it.

In brief: ?Occipital Neuralgia
Dr. James Marx
Dr. James Marx
Dr. Howard Borger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Not an eye problem
That's a weird one.
Not an eye problem..Talk to a neuro guy.

In brief: Not an eye problem
That's a weird one.
Dr. Howard Borger
Dr. Howard Borger
Dr. Eric Weisman