What screenings do I need being a 50 year old male. Heart and diabetes runs in my family as well is alzheimers.?

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Complete checkup!
At the age of 50, you should have a complete physical exam including a colonoscopy to screen for colon cancer.
If you have not had recent blood tests, you need cholesterol levels (to assess risk of heart disease) and blood sugar (for diabetes). Your doctor may want an ekg and chest x-ray depending on your medical history and any symptoms. There is no screening test for alzheimer's.

In brief: Complete checkup!
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
In brief: Mental Status
I will just comment on the alzheimer's part of question.
The only screening test for ad at age 50 would be to ask about memory and other thinking functions and ask about how the person is doing at work and with other daily activities. If there is either an early onset ad (< 60) family history or reports of problems in daily activities then simple mental status testing followed by in depth testing.

In brief: Mental Status
Dr. Darren Gitelman
Dr. Darren Gitelman
Dr. Marsha Davis