There's a bump on my friends shaft right along where the head is, however there's some pus and swelling, what may this be?

Shaft pus = see Dr. Cannot be sure over internet, but sounds as there is an infection present--community or sexually acquired types possible--so need a good history and exam to direct treatment. Primary dr / urgent care dr / er visit / urology / std clinic can all point you in the right direction.