Does HPV or genital warts cause bacterial vaginosis?

No. Bacterial vaginosis (bv) is caused by an imbalance in the normal vaginal flora. The normal bacteria that live in the vagina are taken over by other native bacteria usually gardnerella, mycoplasma, and mobiluncus species to name a few. Causes are numerous and usually are not pinpointed but can include antibiotic use, douching, and vaginal ph changes. Hpv has not been linked to bv.
No. Hpv, which is genital warts, does not cause bacterial vaginosis (bv). Bv is an overgrowth of bacteria normally found in the vagina. In other words, it is supposed to be there. Sometimes, however, it overgrows, and can cause a thin watery discharge with a fishy smell. It is not an std though.