I am 77 years old. A year ago my psa was 7.5. This year it is 10.5 three years ago I had a biopsy, which was negative. I am not taking any medication.?

Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology
In brief: It would be nice to
Know psa level when you were biopsied.
Also, your bladder symptoms, family history of longevity. Is sexual ability an issue for you? Do you have any other diseases, since most folks die with prostate cancer rarther than of it. The bottom line is treatments all have costs and side effects, and not every one requires treatments. Symptoms of disase and of treatment need to be balanced.

In brief: It would be nice to
Know psa level when you were biopsied.
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Dr. Daniel Culkin
Urology - Oncology
In brief: No need for PSA's
When > 75 yrars old ther is no survival benefit for treatment of prostate cancer.
The treatments after the age of 75 cause more problems than benefit. You no longer need to monitor your psa. Live a heart healthy life for longevity.

In brief: No need for PSA's
Dr. Daniel Culkin
Dr. Daniel Culkin
Dr. Naveen Kella
Why didn't Warren Buffett take your advice? This answer is too simplistic. There is no proof that 75 is a magical cut-off. Everyone's situation is different. That's why you should see a competent urologist or oncologist who can guide you on your care.
Dr. Kathy Nieder
In brief: What's the question?
Is the question whether you should be taking a medication? Or do you have another concern?

In brief: What's the question?
Dr. Kathy Nieder
Dr. Kathy Nieder
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Elevated PSA
At age 77, you will get no benefit from repeated testing of your psa.
The most common cause of elevated psa is benign prostate enlargement (bph). You've already had a substantial evaluation. If i were you, i would just check the psa once a year and not worry about it as long as it is under 20.

In brief: Elevated PSA
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Daniel Culkin
Urology - Oncology
In brief: Finasteride or avoda
F.

In brief: Finasteride or avoda
F.
Dr. Daniel Culkin
Dr. Daniel Culkin
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Urologist
You should be under the care a a urologist to continue to trend your psa level and perform diagnostic biopsies at regular intervals.

In brief: Urologist
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. William Forsythe