Could front right lower abdominal pain be caused by endometriosos? My GI doesn't think its a GI problem same with my gyno and a colonoscopy was fine.

Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Best see GP
Sometimes situations like this one require a broader, more holistic perspective, such as what you would get from your pediatrician, internist or gp.
Check out your concerns with your generalist.

In brief: Best see GP
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
2 comments
Dr. Barry Rosen
I would add GENERAL SURGEON to the mix--we tend to get involved quite a bit seeing people with abdominal pain.
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Good point!
Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Endometriosis
The answer is "yes" as endometriosis can cause symptoms almost anywhere in the pelvis or abdomen.
The condition is due to uterine tissue getting into the abdomen through the fallopian tubes during menses. If you have already had a colonoscopy, an ultrasound would be the next step, and, if that is negative, the next step would be to have your gyn consider a laparoscopic procedure.

In brief: Endometriosis
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Renee Harris
If your tests were negative so far, your gyn may want to consider a diagnostic laparoscopy to see if you have endometriosis or scar tissue causing the pain.

Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Renee Harris
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery