I'm running a 10mile road race sun which I hope to do in under 80mins my personal best is 78:35 I had a pull on my groin what prep can I do please torace?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Distance running
If your groin pull is not completely healed already, it is doubtful that it will be able to withstand the grueling demands of a high-performance 10 mile race.
If it is healed, and you just want to try to prevent a recurrence, you should work with either an experienced trainer or a sports medicine doctor to customize a high performance training routine for your special needs. Stretching is key.

In brief: Distance running
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
2 comments
Dr. Robert Cabry
I agree stretching is the key, also working hip flexion and abduction strength. If it starts to hurt during the run, shorten your stride.
Dr. Robert Purchase
It is highly unlikely that you will perform at your best when you are injured. As a runner and a musculoskeletal expert, I come at this from both viewpoints. Stretch and warm-up thoroughly. Start conservatively. If it looks like it is not your day, modify your goals. It's much better than causing more damage. Besides, you might just find a new, different way to enjoy running.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Warm up
If you have a groin muscle injury which hopefully is mild, you may be able to get away with your run the key would be to warm up with a mild jog and then do some gentle stretching.
During the race resist the temptation to start at too fast a pace. As you warm up you can probably pick up the pace. Obviously it is a long run and you wil have plenty of time to accelerate if the groin is ok.

In brief: Warm up
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine