How is autonomic dysfunction treated?

Multiple options. For a review see http://health. Nytimes. Com/health/guides/disease/autonomic-neuropathy/overview. Html. Various strategies may be used to reduce symptoms of light-headedness or dizziness when standing. These include: extra salt in the diet or taking salt tablets to increase fluid volume in blood vessels fludrocortisone or similar medications to help your body retain salt and fluid. More...
Control blood sugar. One of the biggest culprits in autonomic dysfunction is fluctuating blood sugars (bs)if the bs is too low your sympathetic nervous system will be stimulated, if the bs is too high, your parasympathetic nervous system will be stimulated. By keeping bs stable you can reduce dysautonomia.