Migraine pain, need medicine. Tried to concieve thur, sat and sun today is tuesday. Is it safe to take imitrix or vicodin or could I b pregnant ?

In brief: This is critical

If you become pregnant, and then take Imitrex for your headaches, you have high risk of miscarriage.
So, triptans are totally verboten (forbidden) during pregnancy. However, tylenol (acetaminophen) is ok, and my ob-gyn colleagues seem to be all right with vicodin. Many migraine meds are too dangerous to the fetus to risk, so my advice is to discuss fully with you obstetrician. A neurologist may also help.

In brief: This is critical

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Caution

If you may be pregnant, it is best to avoid all medications if possible, but particularly triptans (imitrex), opioids (vicodin), or benzodiazepines (xanax).
Please consult with your gynecologist before taking any medication if you may be pregnant.

In brief: Caution

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Michael Stern
Dentistry

In brief: Ask MD

If you are trying to conceive, a physician should be consulted if you are taking anynprescriptionmmedicine.

In brief: Ask MD

Dr. Michael Stern
Dr. Michael Stern
Dr. Adam Levy