Latest research towards conical cornea + best options to consider for a teenage boy. My case is rather severe. Not wanting to have a graph done!?

Help is on the way! Keratoconus is a condition where the cornea thins out centrally over time. The pressure of the fluid that keeps the eye inflated slowly pushes this part of the cornea outward, stretching it into a cone shape. It can lead to high degrees of nearsightedness and astigmatism, as well as scars that block vision. If there are no scars, collagen cross-linking and other treatments can greatly improve you.
Keratoconus. Keratoconus is a progressive outpouching of the cornea, with thinning and occasional breakdown. Glasses become impossible, contact lenses help for a while but you may need riboflavin treatment, intacs and if all else fails, a graft. Very active research is being done in this area but no cause discovered. You should be followed closely by a corneal specialist ophthalmologist.