I awoke to a stabbing pain in my lower right abdomen and it hurt more when I tried to stand. After I went potty, pain stopped. What could it be?

Dr. Colin Kerr
In brief: Abdominal pain
An acute transient lower abdominal pain could be due to a number of factors--constipation, gas, muscle strain, kidney stone, etc.
If, in your case, it was relieved after having a bowel movement, it suggests a problem like constipation or irritable bowel syndrome. If relieved after peeing, it suggest either an early bladder infection or a kidney stone. This is not the kind of pain with appendicitis.

In brief: Abdominal pain
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Colin Kerr
Dr. Carla Enriquez
In brief: Hmmm
This could have been many things, but a bladder irritation, kidney stone, muscle spasm, or early appendicitis pop to mind as the most likely.
It's time to get to your doctor to be examined.

In brief: Hmmm
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery