Which is the best lens to place in the eye after a cataract surgery? My optometrist says that the 'yellow alon' lens is best and the surgeon says that a tech lens is better. Whichone should be used?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Lens implant

The type of lens implant depends on many factors.
There are numerous choices such as monofocal, toric, multifocal, accommodating, etc. Discuss these options with your optometrist and surgeon to come to a consensus regarding the best lens for you.

In brief: Lens implant

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology

In brief: Many options

The current iol market provides excellent lens choices for cataract surgery.
Depending on many preoperative factors that the surgeon carefully considers, the iol that makes the most sense is chosen.

In brief: Many options

Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Dr. Alan Jackson
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Surgeon preference

They all have advantages and disadvantages, most have to do with surgeons preference.
I prefer the amo technis lens.

In brief: Surgeon preference

I prefer the amo technis lens.
Dr. Alan Jackson
Dr. Alan Jackson
Dr. Keegan Duchicela