Can the gastric sleeve be performed during the laproscopic surgery for the hiatal hernia?

Yes. In fact if a patient has a hiatal hernia they should be done simultaneously. There is no reason to have two operations in this case.
Yes. These procedures are frequently performed under the same anesthetic. Many patients who require surgery for obesity have hiatal hernias. It is safe to have a sleeve gastrectomy and hiatal hernia surgery at the same time.
Yes usually. The hiatal hernia (opening in diaphragm that allows for acid reflux) is usually repaired at same time as gastric sleeve. There is another type of hernia repair called a nissen that involves a wrapping o the stomach. This type of repair cannot be done with the sleeve.
Yes. Typically hiatal hernias can and should be fixed at the time of your bariatric procedure. If the hernia is large, it may take an extended period of time and may require the insertion of a biological mesh to close the defect. Smaller hernias may require a few extra minutes to repair. The size and extent of your hernia should be assessed prior to surgery with an egd or ugi.