I had a tvt procedure in 2004, I now have a difficult time urinating-am retaining urine. I also have urge incontinence. Tvt is too tight. Suggestion?

Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Retention?
Have you been tested to confirm retention? Going a little more after voiding is normal, bladder may retain 30-80 cc after a normal void.
Would suspect urgency the main issue and start by stopping all caffiene and acidic beverages. If there is retention (volumd of 150cc or more after voiding) or consistent burning with urination (not a uti) then the sling can be cut in the office to release it.

In brief: Retention?
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. M Gray-Swain
In brief: See your urogyn
Urinary retention can be dangerous and cause longterm renal problems if not addressed.
Return to your urogynecologist for urodynamic testing to see how to correct your problem.

In brief: See your urogyn
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. M Gray-Swain
Dr. Vicken Poochikian