My knees keep cracking? What can I do to make the sound go away? 

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Not much
When knees start cracking on persistent basis, this means the cartilage between the back of the knee cap and thigh bone start have problems, i would check with orthopedic surgeon and see what could he do.
Thank you, good luck.

In brief: Not much
Thank you, good luck.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michael Granberry
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Common knee pain
This condition is called "chondromalacia patella" and is quite common in my part of the country.
This is early arthritis and involves "illness" of the articular cartilage to the degree that the cartilage cracks and can lift off of the bone. This leads to the noise, and the pain. Weight loss, and quadricep realignment exercise, and plenty of time, are best at healing this problem.

In brief: Common knee pain
Dr. Michael Granberry
Dr. Michael Granberry
Dr. Marsha Davis