Is Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) for depression?

Depression is not. An indication for this medication. Even if considered as an off- label option, there are many more effective medications that would usually be tried first.
Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is an amphetamine type stimulant used for attention deficit & excess daytime sleepiness due to sleep disorders. It is not advisable to use it to treat depression due to short half life, side-effects & dependency.
No. Adderall (dextroamphetamine and racemic amphetamine) is not an antidepressant. For some who take amphetamines, depression can be a side effect. Ig depression is the result of a reaction to having ADHD, then making the symptoms better may improve mood.