I've had a colposcopy done bout 3-4yrs ago, can I still get pregnant? What are my odds?

Dr. Brian Enggano
A colposcopy is a procedure done in the gynecologist's office in which a colposcope is used to closely view the cervix for abnormalities (areas suspicious for precancer or cancer).
It has no effect on future ability to get pregnant. Fertility is not affected.

Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Brian Enggano
Dr. Collin Smikle
Sometimes patients with an abnormal pap smear may also have other sexually transmitted diseases. Therefore, you should be tested for these diseases as well. Patients with only an abnormal pap smear but no other STDs are not likely to have any fertility effects.
Dr. Bac Nguyen
In brief: Yes/possible
Colposcopy is a procedure that uses a scope to look at your cervix.
..If you had something done to your cervix is a separate issue....Often a biopsy, or a small cut/resection..But these typically do not prevent you from getting pregnant...

In brief: Yes/possible
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Dr. Jane Van Dis