I keep feeling like something is trickiling down the back of my throat, I do have large tonsils and glands but it feels like blood; what could it be?

Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Post nasal drip

It sounds like sinus drainage.
If it was blood, you would be able to cough it out. Sinus drainage is usually thick and moves slowly down the back of the throat causing a need to cough and clear your throat often. Otc decongestants usually work well but if it continues to worsen, you may need an ENT evaluation.

In brief: Post nasal drip

It sounds like sinus drainage.
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Douglas Fronzaglia
Dr. Bernstein Joel
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: PND

The symptoms are post-nasal drainage or pnd.
The differential diagnosis may include nasal allergy, non-allergic rhinits, rhino-sinusitis and in children may even be mucus drainage from the adenoid (nasopharyngeal tonsil). If your tonsils are large, make sure you do not have a sleep disorder.

In brief: PND

Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Bernstein Joel
Dr. Steven Seres