Why do I have shocking pain in my butt when I stand a long time?

David Miller
In brief: Pyriformis syndrome?
If you have a minor imbalance in your sacrum, this can cause the muscles in the opposite hip to compensate, putting pressure on your sciatic nerve.
This is called pyriformis syndrome because it involves a small muscle called pyriformis. If this is indeed what is going on, a skilled do can fix you right up with some omm.

In brief: Pyriformis syndrome?
David Miller
David Miller
Answer assisted by David Miller, Medical Student
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Standing Butt Pain
There may be a variety of causes for this including nerve entrapment or compression.
Lower back strengthening exercises and postural improvement may help diminish this. If this continues, you may requrie diagnostic imaging or EMG evaluation.

In brief: Standing Butt Pain
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik